Validation by means of structural calculation of the maintenance procedure for wind turbine hubs
- Confirm the procedure for dismantling wind turbine bushings
- Check that the bushing decoupling sequence is adequate and that the bolted joint will withstand the process.
Project approach and development
- 60 hours of SAMAT Engineering were required
- The calculation was based on the customer’s 3D models
- The bolted joint was calculated, including the tightening torque, by means of a non-linear calculation
- Wind turbine bushing screwed to the gondola using 40 quality and metric screws.
- Validation of different prestressing systems required
Advantages obtained by Adyd when counting on SAMAT
- The procedure validation is obtained, avoiding serious risks of loss of very valuable equipment
- Safety guarantee for the staff carrying out the maintenance process: assembly and disassembly of the bushing
- Progress of your projects while SAMAT was performing the calculations