Structural analysis of a 300 Tm overhead crane trolley
- Initially, thoroughly validate the design of a overhead crane trolley according to their calculation specifications.
- Subsequently, complete the design with successive calculation iterations.
Project approach and development
- 200 hours of SAMAT Engineering were required.
- Based on the client’s 3D models, the calculation was elaborated with different scenarios defined by the client.
- Validation of liability welds and bolted joints with tightening torque according to Eurocode.
- Recommendations to avoid components that operated off the elastic limit of the material.
- Movable steel structure that supports different loads with values depending on time and located in different places on the trolley, with a maximum peak of 300 Tm.
- Need to validate the different steel types and the connections.
- Different scenarios with a lot of configurability in the calculation.
- A much lower calculation deadline than the standard calculation deadline was required.
Benefits obtained by Jaso when relying on SAMAT
- The client obtained the best possible solution.
- The security of the equipment was guaranteed.
- The client was able to work on the progress of other projects while SAMAT was performing the calculations