Renovation of an existing overhead crane trolley.
- Redesign and validate the solution of an existing overhead crane trolley that presents continuous structural problems due to misuse.
- Creation of drawings for manufacturing and relevant technical manuals in order to be able to produce the solution.
- Detailed technical documentation of the development of the adapted modifications for subsequent registration and validation by a notified body.
Project approach and development
- The project required 300 SAMAT working hours.
- SAMAT modeled the existing trolley using the customer’s A2 paper drawings, resulting in a SolidWorks version that was easier to work with.
- Redesign of the trolley to avoid the problems mentioned above and calculation by the finite element software ANSYS.
- Edition of both drawings and manuals for production.
- The technical report is made for subsequent validation by the competent administration.
- The top-running of the cart and the front part of the cart suffered some interference, which over time ended up tearing the joint welds.
- The entire front end was redeveloped and to avoid such unwanted and damaging collisions.
- Leveraging the project, the entire cart was calculated using ANSYS to ensure that the rest of the set worked safely.
- Working closely with the customer to progress in the same direction.
Benefits for the client by relying on SAMAT
- Obtaining an engineering solution according to the client´s needs.
- Guarantee of security in the renovated equipment.
- Progress of other projects while SAMAT was carrying out the project described.