Automation of trailers
- Gain reliability in obtaining deliverables at all stages of an order.
- Optimize the use of SolidWorks in the company’s engineering department.
- Automate processes based on PDM and improve internal communication.
Project approach and development
- More than 600 hours of SAMAT engineering were spent.
- The project is approached based on the various components of a trailer.
- SolidWorks working methodology is redefined.
- Creation of workflows using macros in SolidWorks and DriveWorks.
- Inclusion of engineering rules in DriveWorks.
- Continuous communication with the client through regular visits.
- The customer’s product configurator, to which DriveWorks is linked, is preserved.
- Collaboration between Pablo Benedí and the Lecitrailer team.
- Creation of a large number of routines in VisualBasic to preserve certain customer processes.
Advantages obtained by Lecitrailer by relying on SAMAT
- Process integration improvement and increased reliability.
- 98% time reduction in obtaining 3D models and manufacturing and LDM drawings.
- Engineers are freed from tedious tasks so they can add value to the product.