Skip to content
How to automate 3D models, document management and the order steps using a Technical Configurator.
Phases of process automation.
We do not start from any template, everything is customized for you. We have to analyze the target user, the working system and the automation subsequent maintenance. We consider:
- Main data of the project.
- Direct searches in DB tables: ERP, CRM and others.
- Interactive interface. Visualization of changes live and secure customer intention.
- We avoid wrong configurations of the model. There is no chance to make a mistake.
- Direct data collection: final price, volume, number of pieces…
- Notices of violation of regulations or engineering rules.
- Language Selector.
- Live 3D Regeneration.
- Recording Data Entries: Version Control / Old Purchase Orders.
The process that we will be able to control with these data, from the point of view of product engineering and production includes:
- Resizing / Optimization of components.
- Parts/Assembly Replacement.
- Parts and configuration management via PDM.
- Product Design Rules.
- Engineering calculations.
- Variable management.
- Lists of materials, quantities, weights.
- Lists of cuts, profiles, angles.
- Weld and tolerances listings.
- Technical Instructions.
- Management of drawings (auto-escalation, auto-positioning, auto-balonado, …).
- Technical manuals.
The output files of your automation will be those that you need for a correct manufacture and dispatch:
- Manufacturing drawings.
- Assembly manuals.
- DXF/DWG unfolded sheet metal.
- Order sheets.
- Material lists.
- Reports/Technical files.
- Link to ERP via XML or BBDD.
- Assembly, use and maintenance manuals.
Advantages of automation.
- Automated products -> Technicians 100% dedicated to improve existing products and develop new ones.
- Data entry only once. Once introduced, no one else will do it: from clients´ data to special discounts or materials´ costs.
- Chance to develop while selling. It is the same process with different staff. The sales team advances work.
- The special product becomes standard product. The same solution for the same problem.
- We set the knowledge acquired, avoiding its loss.
Disadvantages when not automating
- The technical office is blocked, thus cannot supply the company’s manufacturing capacity.
- Sales department, production, technical office… everyone is introducing countless times the same information, increasing the risk of errors.
- The work already done to prepare offers is not used at technical office nor production later.
- If a client needs a special solution, the technical office is usually blocked in order to provide it.
- The knowledge acquired due to experience must be integrated to the company´s know–how in order to avoid its loss.
Why and how we do it.
- If repetitive tasks are automated, the engineers will be able to develop and improve the products, adding value.
- The configurator manages the unique data, no matter its origin. It will read the data from the data base of the company and from the client.
- The automation will make posible to obtain more documentation in less time: purchasing lists, designs, order forms…
- If the rules are properly established, no product will ever be special again. Technicians will be able to develop new projects, that will be included in the tool -> special turns standard.
- The knowledge is transferred to the tool, no one forgets anything and all the information is available for anyone. Redefinition of products and internal processes.
//php get_template_part( 'template-parts/section', 'metodo' ); ?>
//php if(ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE=='es'): ?>
//php get_template_part( 'template-parts/section', 'blog' ); ?>