Choosing the right partner and software is essential
In order to start a project of implantation of any software, two premises must be fulfilled: the right choice of the software that best suits your requirements, and the hiring of expert staff that is capable of carrying out a successful implantation.
SAMAT is Service Partner of DriveWorks Ltd., another guarantee that your projects will be a success. We are the only non-English speaking European company to have this important recognition. Therefore, by relying on us, you will comply with one of the above mentioned premises.
After working with of several product configurators, and based on our experience, we finally decided to choose DriveWorks, for the reasons shown in this blog post. When a client follows our advice on choosing to work with both SolidWorks and DriveWorks, they have already taken the most important step and have succeeded with the first premise mentioned.
Phases of an automation of 3D CAD models
A 3D model not only has to be developed to manufacture, we have to provide it a versatility that enhances and values its use:
- Operations, Parts and Assemblies correctly renamed
- General organization (folders)
- Appropriate choice of origin and main drawings
- Management/selection of operations
- Assembly instructions
- Avoid the use of dependences
- Manufacturing drawing + DXF with relationships to parts/assemblies
- Use of properties that bring us benefits
Product and engineering rules
The product rules will allow us to edit different parameters within our model, such as:
1. Choice of name/denomination and location of the final files.
2. General modification of dimensions.
3. Activate/Off/Edit operations.
4. Link of input parameters with the final model.
5. Programming and use of variables.
6. Placement/Autoscale of views in drawings.
7. Charts references/prices/properties reading.
8. A proper management of component configurations.
It is essential in the automation of a 3D model to take advantage of file management, so that we can provide the system with the following functions:
- Registration of components in specific routes.
- Automatic component coding management.
- Accurate information about spare parts stock for replacements.
- Avoiding duplicate registrations of parts already registered before..
- Versions of components and drawings to check who has edited what.
- Suitable output file format selection.
- Clustering deliverables into a target folder.
- Full control of order versions.